Publisher: The Economist
A dry title for a fascinating thought provoking weekly online publication - a great resource for schools. "But The Economist is all about economics" No it's not. The Economist covers politics, business, culture, science and much much more. It takes the important topics shaping our world and writes about them in ways that are distinctive and clear.
Some recent articles:
A subscription to economist.com gives your school access to:
- the full text of The Economist each week (51 issues) - 24 hours ahead of the printed version
- easy searching across an archive of information that goes back to 1997
- unlimited user access for your students and teachers to the must-read weekly newspaper
- access to BLOGS, with the ability to comment and 'interact' with other readers
- access to The Economist multimedia library including video interviews of top executives and worldwide leaders
- the online site includes more content than the printed edition
Look at this list of topics - they have all been covered by The Economist:
The Economist provides Domain Access to schools who wish to offer The Economist to all students both on-site or remotely, and on personal devices - anytime and anywhere in the world.
Domain authentication access is provided via an Email Domain of your choosing.
Users simply register for an Economist account with your given email domain, verify the email address and are then granted access.
Price increases on the 1st September each year
Key stage: 3, 4, 5
Age range: 13-16+